Frequently Asked Questions
How are Original fabric and Blackout fabric different?
- Original fabric provides the best color and waving movement in the breeze. The image is printed on both sides of the flag. Any text will read correctly on the front of the flag and backward on the back of the flag. This fabric retains vibrant color for up to 12 months of continued sun exposure. This is our most popular fabric choice.
- Blackout fabric blocks light passing through the flag and allows text to be read correctly on both the front and back of the flag. The image is printed on both sides of the flag. Colors are slightly muted on these flags because the blocker material used is not true-white. Blackout flags tend to fade more quickly than our Original flags. This fabric retains vibrant color for up to 6 months of continued sun exposure. This is our most popular fabric choice for flags with text.
How do I take care of my Toland product?
- Toland Flags and pillows are 100% polyester and machine washable. Throw it in a load of laundry so its ready to dazzle your neighbors next season!
- If creases present from your flag being folded, get the flag damp and throw it in the dryer for 20-30 minutes.
- We recommend storing pillow cases inside out to keep the printed side clean. Simply reach in to the case and reverse it when you are ready to display them.
- If our Toland mat is looking worse for wear, simply shake loose any dirt and debris, wash with a sponge using warm water and mild detergent, or spray off with a garden hose. Allow to air dry.
I ran out of flag poles, what do I do with my extra flags?
Here are some other fun ways our customers have found to fly their flags:
- Thumb tack them to your wall for a fun seasonal or custom tapestry
- Hang them over your door to welcome guests all season
- Stretch around a frame for a beautiful piece of wall art
- Hang them on a curtain rod for fun window curtains
- Bonus tip: use Black-Out flags to block more light
- Wear as a cape
What is the lead time on an order?
We process orders every weekday at 6am PST and aim to have items shipped to you within 48 business hours. Our products are produced on demand and shipped out of Poulsbo, Washington. Once shipped, orders typically take 2-5 business days to reach their final destination.
I have questions, how do I get in contact with someone?
Please submit a contact us form below with the most applicable reason selected. Someone will contact you, usually within 24 business hours.
How do I keep my flag from blowing off in the wind?
Our 28"x40" flags are sewn with a 2 inch sleeve at the top to slide over your flag pole. Each end of this sleeve has fabric loops that can be attached to the clip(s) on your flag pole.
Our 12"x18" flags are sewn with a 1 inch sleeve at the top to slide over your flag stand. After changing your flags, slide the rubber retaining washer over stand to help secure your flag.
Custom Product Tutorials & FAQs
Image Drop Custom Product Instructions
'Design Your Own' Custom Product Instructions
Are custom flags double sided?
All custom flags are printed on both sides to ensure long-lasting and brilliant color. However, due to color variance that can occur in our double sided printing process, the backside of custom flags will be printed using a mirrored image of the frontside and text will only be able to be read correctly from one side of the flag.
Do you accept returns or issue refunds on customized items?
All sales are final on personalized items with the following exceptions:
Please make sure you double check your artwork and image/text placement before purchasing the customized item.
Can I upload any image and have it put on a product?
By using the 'customizer' you are agreeing to our terms of Service and warranting that you have the appropriate intellectual property rights to the image or content that you are uploading. We reserve the right to refuse any order that we believe may be infringing on the intellectual property rights of others or that is in conflict with any other term that is agreed to by using the customizer.
What is the lead time on a custom product?
We process orders every weekday at 6am PST and aim to have items shipped to you within 48 business hours. Once shipped, orders typically take 2-5 business days to reach their final destination.
I have custom product questions, how do I get more information?
Please submit a contact us form below with the "Custom Product Question" reason selected. Someone will contact you, usually within 24 business hours.